The REEF Survey Data Entry Program allows REEF volunteers to enter REEF survey data on a computer even if an Internet connection is not always available. As surveys are completed, they are marked for upload. When an internet connection is available, the completed surveys can be uploaded all at once. After uploading, it is necessary to login in to the REEF Online Data Entry interface (www.REEF.org/dataentry) to complete error checking on each of the uploaded surveys and conduct the final submission of the survey(s). Surveys from all regions within REEF's Volunteer Survey Project program can be submitted using this program.
Download the REEF Survey Data Entry Program Using the Links Below
- Data files (common to all):
- Last changed 2015-01-21 14:02:02 Pacific Time.
- Within the application, select Check For Updates from the Help menu to check for and download data file updates.
- Please note that the data files are updated more frequently than the program installer packages above, and consequently the data files bundled with the program installer are usually not the latest ones available. Therefore, it is worthwhile to check for updates immediately after installing the program, as well as before you enter surveys, if possible.
- Mac: Mac OS 10.7 or later, 32 bit or 64 bit; please contact email@example.com regarding versions for Mac OS 10.6 or earlier.
- Windows: Windows XP or later (Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8), 32 bit or 64 bit.
- Linux: Currently Ubuntu 12.10 or later, 64-bit; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for other Linux versions.
Survey Data Entry Program Instructions
General information and detailed instructions can be found here (also available through the Help > Instructions menu in the program).