Please join me this year by giving a gift to REEF this holiday season! I want to thank all those who have been so generous and have donated already. If you haven’t given yet, we are still a long way from our goal. Your donation this winter is critical so we can continue protecting marine species all year. Click here to donate now.
Examples of REEF’s important work that directly benefit marine species include:
- Helping to bring back the Goliath Grouper from the brink of extinction
- Contributing to the growth of Nassau Grouper populations
- Researching the effectiveness of invasive lionfish control techniques
- Providing data about the spread of the seastar wasting disease on the west coast
- Supplying data about predator populations of grouper and snapper in the Caribbean (see article below)
- Contributing data to researchers studying the effect of Marine Protected Areas on rockfish and other species in the Pacific Northwest
- Providing data for researching trends in large parrotfish species in the Caribbean, including Blue, Midnight, Rainbow Parrotfish
- Assisting in conservation efforts for manta and mobula rays
As you can see, REEF works hard all year to ensure our oceans are healthy and the creatures within are protected. As my personal thank you for donations $250 or more, I will send you a limited-edition, signed print of a Goliath Grouper aggregation. Check out this webpage, www.REEF.org/impact, describing this rare photo opportunity!