Welcome to REEF's Into the Blue Book Club!
Whether you're a devoted bookworm or have a stack of books collecting dust that you hope to make time to read one day, the Into the Blue Book Club brings together all types of readers who are passionate about the ocean and conservation. The best part? It's virtual! You can connect with like-minded individuals from anywhere in the world from the comfort of home. Here's how it works:
- Book Club members will have the option to suggest ocean themed books to read. Then, at the beginning of each quarter, one book will be selected by REEF staff.
- We'll read along together over the next two months with discussion questions and food for thought shared along the way, via email or REEF's Into the Blue Book Club Facebook group.
- Then at the end of the quarter, we'll have a video-chat meeting to share our thoughts on the book.
Visit our FAQ page to learn more about how a virtual book club works. You can stay up to date on books, upcoming meetings, and discussion topics by joining our Into the Blue Book Club Facebook group. We'll also send out occasional info via email, but the most interactive option between meetings is in the Facebook group. Visit our What We've Read page to see what books the club has read recently and the What We're Reading page what book we'll be diving into next.
Dive into reading - join REEF members exploring the marine world while staying dry on land!
Into the Blue Book Club Meeting Dates
Mark your calendars! Our next Book Club Meeting will be held Thursday, July 29, at 8 pm EDT. Click here to register for our upcoming book club meeting!
We are also happy to announce our 2021 Book Club Meeting dates:
- March 11, 2021 (The Soul of an Octopus)
- June 10, 2021 (Into the Planet)
- July 29, 2021 (The World is Blue)
- September 23, 2021 (Shadow Divers)
- November 11, 2021 (Ocean Outbreak)
Each Book Club Meeting will be held on the second Thursday of the selected months at 8 pm Eastern time unless stated otherwise.