Some call them webinars. We call 'em Fishinars!
Fishie fun in the comfort of your own home. Fishinars are open to divers, snorkelers, and devout landlubbers alike. Anyone wanting to know more about ocean life is welcome to join in. Great for first-time REEF surveyors, or those wanting a review. These short, free webinars will teach you the finer points of identifying fish and invertebrates underwater. In addition to marine life identification sessions for all of REEF's project areas, we also feature guest speakers who present a variety of ocean topics.
A Few Important Points
- Although the courses are free, you must register for each session you'd like to attend. Click on the REGISTER link given in the descriptions below
- Fishinars are open to everyone. However, you need to be a REEF member to access the Cheat Sheets and the archived recordings
- If you aren't yet a member, join today. It's free - www.REEF.org/join
- Once you register for the webinar, you will receive a confirmation email with details on how to log on
- Please log on at least 5-10 min prior to your session start time if possible
- You don't need a microphone or a webcam to be able to participate
- iPad, iPhone and Android device users - there is a free Citrix Online GoToMeeting app that will allow you to view our Fishinars, but the interface does not support full participation (you won't be able to raise your hand, type in questions or answers, etc.)
- Test to see if your computer/device meets the minimum system requirements by clicking here.
- We use common names, not scientific names, and focus on how to ID each critter.