Sponsorships result in broader corporate participation in events that reinforce our mission and programmatic objectives. Most importantly, sponsorship facilitates a measurable difference in the programs we offer, through increased participation in REEF’s flagship events, including REEF Fest, a 4-day event held in Key Largo each year in September, and our Lionfish Derby Series, held each summer.
REEF events are underwritten by corporate and business sponsors including Whole Foods, Centennial Bank, DAN, Mote Marine Laboratory, National Marine Sanctuary Program, and Florida Fish & Wildlife. These events are attended by individuals from around the world who are committed to conservation action and community responsibility by supporting and participating in these events to benefit REEF.
REEF is currently looking for corporate sponsors for 2018 for the following events and programs. If you would like to learn more about specific sponsorship opportunities, please contact Bonnie Barnes at bonnie@REEF.org or call (305) 852-0030.
- REEF Lionfish Derby Series – a series of 1-day events to remove invasive lionfish from the reef. Currently 6 locations in 2018 throughout Florida (For Sponsorship Brochure, click here). For event poster, click here.
- REEF Fest – a 4-day Festival, held in the fall each year in Key Largo, Florida, which includes educational seminars, social gatherings, diving and eco-ventures alongside some of the most prestigious names in diving and marine conservation. (For Sponsorship Brochure, click here).
- Fish & Friends – A monthly educational series held the second Tuesday of each month on the REEF campus in Key Largo, Florida, featuring social time and special guest speakers.
- Fishinars – These short, free webinars teach the finer points of identifying fish and invertebrates. In addition to marine life identification sessions for all of REEF's project areas, we also feature guest speakers who present a variety of ocean topics.
- You may Volunteer to sponsor and/or organize an education or outreach program in your community.
For further information or to talk with someone in our Development and Giving office, call 305-852-0030, or email giving@REEF.org.
Matched Gifts: Many corporations offer a matching gift program. Click here to find out more.
Other Ways to Celebrate:
REEF’s focus is to develop strong programming to engage and inspire the public through citizen science, education, and partnering with the scientific community to achieve a healthier ocean. This commitment to our mission has been recognized by Great Nonprofits and GuideStar. This means your donation goes directly to making a difference for our ocean.