Free Invasive Lionfish Removal Charter Dive
November 30, 2023, Dive Isla Bella, Marathon, FL
Experience lionfish hunters including, previous REEF lionfish workshop and derby participants are invited to register for our Lionfish Removal Dive donated by Dive Isla Bella, on November 30, 2023 in Marathon, FL.
The dives are free (however all divers should plan to tip the dive crew), and REEF can provide some lionfish collecting gear, but you will need to bring your own SCUBA gear or organize a rental through the dive shop. Please contact the shop directly prior to the workshop if you need rental gear. Nitrox tanks can also be rented ahead of time for $10 each.
*Due to the advanced nature of the lionfish collection dives an advanced dive certification and 50 dives minimum are required for dive participants. We also request that all registered participants have experience spearing lionfish. Nitrox certification is required to rent Nitrox tanks. All participants should have some experience spearing lionfish. Dives will be relatively deep (80ft+).
Space is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis.
When and Where
Thursday, November 30, 2023
Two-tank removal dives: 12:00 pm check-in
Meeting Location: 1 Knights Key Blvd, Marathon, FL 33050
- Dive is free however all divers should plan to tip the dive crew
- REEF will provide loner lionfish collecting and handling gear to all registered participants (supplies limited so bring your own if you have it).
- You will need to provide your own scuba diving equipment. If you need to rent equipment, you will need to set that up with Dive Isla Bella (786) 638-8047 before getting on the afternoon boat.
- Also if you would like to rent Nitrox tank please include that on your registration form and you will pay at the shop upon registration ($10 per dive). Nitrox certification required
- You must place your $35 deposit to secure your dive spot on the removal charter. This deposit can be refunded if requested via email within 7 days upon completion of the workshop or can be used to get a 2023 Lionfish Derby Rashguard.
- If you have to cancel your registration you must do 48 hours before of the dives to refund your $35 deposit. We cannot provide refunds within 48 hours of the workshop or for no-shows.
- Due to the advanced nature of the lionfish collection dives an advanced dive certification and 50 dives minimum are required for dive participants.
- Experience spearing lionfish is also required.
- Once the registration is full you will be placed on the waitlist, you will be notified immediately if a spot opens up.
- If you have any questions regarding the workshop, please call our office at 305-852-0030 or email lionfish@REEF.org.