Join our 2023 Florida Keys Lionfish Sweeps!
Steady removal of Lionfish from our local reefs can help protect native fish species & ensure a balanced ecosystem
Participants can remove Invasive Lionfish from April to June 2023 for entry into cash raffles & final cash prizes
Lionfish can be dropped off at REEF Campus 9AM-5PM Monday-Friday
Final Results will be announced & raffles will be drawn at Sharkey's Sharkbite Grille Rockin' the Dock - July 2023
Prizes - To be announced soon!
Florida Keys Lionfish Sweep Rules
- Participants can sign up and sign waivers during their first drop off of lionfish between April 1 - June 30 2023
- Entry is free (all lionfish must be donated)
- This is an individual competition, Lionfish must be harvested by the person credited for the harvest
- Lionfish can be captured from anywhere (legal) but must be dropped off at REEF Campus
- Lionfish must be caught between April-June
- No previously caught or frozen lionfish will be allowed
- Please turn in all lionfish fresh on ice for consumption
- Only legal means of capture in areas allowing use of those gear types will be allowed. All existing federal, state, and local laws must be followed
- All lionfish must be in whole condition
- Lionfish will be used for sampling, research, or culinary tasting events
- Weekend drop times and alternate times may be available upon request email lionfish@REEF.org
- Lionfish are venomous & should be handled with care with protective gloves & containment devices
- It is recommended that divers carry first aid kits, hot water and/or heat packs when collecting lionfish
- All participants operate under the honor system for this conservation effort and are responsible for compliance with the rules.