Maui-based artist, Maggie Sutrov, is partnering with REEF once again for a fish drawing workshop! Where no lines are mistakes, Maggie teaches a free-form style of drawing and painting. She's gearing the class toward beginners as well as those who have already taken her drawing fish classes with us.
Maggie is a professional artist and a teaching artist. You can find more about her at paintthere.com. Maggie loves helping people form a deeper connection with the natural world through drawing and painting. She is also a keen advocate for the skills devloped through the act of drawing,e such as our powers of observation--perfect for learning and identifying marine animals!
- pencil (4B if you like a darker line, 2B works great too)
- drawing or watercolor paper (if you'll be using paint/markers)
- eraser (white kind)
- extra fine Sharpie or other permanent marker
- color of your choice (water soluble markers, colored pencils, watercolors)
- Paintbrush and water or a Pentel Aquash brush pen (if you will be using paint/markers)