During this beginner-friendly session, Maui-based artist Maggie Sutrov will teach us how to draw some of our favorite fishes found in Florida Keys waters. Maggie teaches a free-form style of drawing and painting, where no lines are mistakes. No artistic knowledge is necessary to join in this workshop, just enthusiasm!
Maggie Sutrov is a professional artist and a teaching artist. She loves helping people form a deeper connection with the natural world through drawing and painting. She is a keen advocate for the skills developed through the act of drawing, such as our powers of observation - perfect for learning and identifying marine animals! Read more about Maggie at her website, paintthere.com.
- pencil (4B if you like a darker line, 2B works great too)
- drawing or watercolor paper (if you'll be using paint/markers)
- eraser (white kind)
- extra fine Sharpie or other permanent marker
- color of your choice (water soluble markers, colored pencils, watercolors)
- Paintbrush and water or a Pentel Aquash brush pen (if you will be using paint/markers)
IMPORTANT: Note the time zone and make sure you adjust it as needed for your location!
Google Drive folder of photos to draw from (also contains Maggie's contact info)
Recording coming soon