REEF is excited to offer a free series of professional development opportunities for educators and staff of nonprofit organizations in the Florida Keys. The program aims to provide tools, resources, and support to build an inclusive culture in schools, workplaces, and communities in the Florida Keys.
Learn how to integrate the best practices for Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (IDEA) into personal, professional, and academic spaces. Workshops are offered both in-person and online. Space is limited, so early registration is encouraged.
Online Opportunities: 2022 'Best IDEA' Learning Group
Live, expert-led sessions from Dr. Janelle Abela of Diverse Solutions guide participants to become better leaders, managers, teachers, and allies. Reinforce learning with tools and activities that can be implemented immediately while also measuring the long-term impact. This engaging and interactive six-session online training will have the same coach and group of participants every week as we work to create a culture of belonging in the Florida Keys community.
- Who: Staff of Florida Keys nonprofits and education institutions are encouraged to participate. There is no limit on how many individuals can apply from a single organization or school.
- When: From October 2022 to March 2023, program participants will need to commit to attending the 1.5-hour monthly session, as well as approximately five hours per month of asynchronous learning and self-reflection activities.
- How to Apply: The course is valued at $1,695 but will be provided at no cost to participants thanks to the Michael Dively Social Justice and Diversity Endowment at the Community Foundation of the Florida Keys. Visit www.diversesolutions.ca/reef to complete the short application to register and check out an overview of the course content, class dates, and other program details.
Registration will close on September 25, 2022, and applicants will be notified of program details on September 29, 2022.
In-Person Opportunities: 2022 Florida Keys Nonprofit Day
Catch up with fellow nonprofit professionals and make new contacts in a day of fun and insightful professional development. Learn to maximize your nonprofit's retention, growth, problem-solving, decision-making, and innovation. Plus, hear from a panel of successful Florida Keys fundraisers.
- Who: Staff of nonprofit organizations serving the Florida Keys
- When: Tuesday, September 13, 2022, from 1-5 pm
- Where: Marathon Community Theatre - 5101 Overseas Hwy., Marathon, FL 33050
- How to Register: Visit www.CFFK.org/nonprofitday to register for free
REEF proudly presents these leadership development opportunities in partnership with the Community Foundation of the Florida Keys. We work together to better serve the economically, racially, and culturally diverse residents of Monroe County.