Earlier this month, we launched our holiday giving campaign highlighting how REEF data are used to assess our changing seas. We are well on our way to reaching our goal, but still need your help! Please make a donation today by contributing online at www.REEF.org/donate or calling REEF Headquarters at 305-852-0030.
Your donation will support our efforts to further scientific knowledge of marine creatures and habitats. With almost 200,000 marine species surveys submitted by REEF volunteers, I am proud to report that in 2015, researchers and scientists used REEF data to evaluate:
- Biodiversity, status, and trends of fishes and invertebrates
- The impact of beach nourishment projects on South Florida reef ecosystems
- A management plan for Ecological Reserves in Puerto Rico
- Endangered sawfish species distribution and status
- Juvenile rockfish habitat in Puget Sound
- The effect of citizens in detecting and responding to rapid marine invasions
- Goliath Grouper populations for fishery management decisions
This research is only possible through generous donations from members like you! Please take a moment to donate now. For donations of $250 or more, I will mail a signed print of this gorgeous Fiji reef scene. The profusion of color from these soft corals and huge schools of Anthias species is stunning! This photo is one of my favorites - get yours today!
And for those of you who work for a company that matches charitable donations, please let us know so that we can be sure to make the most of your contribution.
Thank you for your support and happy holidays,
President, REEF Board of Trustees