It's hard to believe that it's already November. Before you know it, the holiday season will be in full swing. A traditional kick-off of the holidays is Giving Tuesday on November 30. After the bustle of Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales, Giving Tuesday is a day to give back to the community and causes you love. Would you mark your calendar now to celebrate with REEF on Giving Tuesday, November 30? Here are ten reasons to remember REEF on this annual day of giving:
1. Reliable: Established over 30 years ago, REEF is widely recognized as the world's leading citizen science marine conservation organization. Our work is made possible through our strong foundation of partners and members across the globe.
2. Protect Ocean Species: Our cornerstone project, the Volunteer Fish Survey Project, is widely regarded as the most comprehensive dataset on marine fish populations worldwide.
3. Give with Confidence: REEF is proud to have a Platinum Seal of Transparency by GuideStar and is recognized with a perfect score of 100 Encompass Seal by Charity Navigator. REEF has a proven track record of achieving our mission in a fiscally responsible way, and this means your donation goes directly toward making a difference for our ocean.
4. Future Ocean Stewards: REEF's focus is to develop strong programming to engage and inspire the public through citizen science, education, and partnering with the scientific community to achieve a healthier ocean.
5. Tradition: In keeping with our annual tradition, we'll announce Paul Humann's limited edition, signed, and numbered photograph, given as a gift to all donors contributing $250 or more this winter.
6. Make a Difference: Every dollar goes directly to conserving marine environments through education and research programs. Your gift, of any amount, helps protect the ocean.
7. Give a Gift to the Planet: Your donation to REEF is an investment to protect the oceans—it's something you give to yourself and future generations. What better way to kick off the holiday giving season!
8. Innovative Conservation: REEF's research uses innovative and collaborative research techniques to advance ocean conservation around the globe.
9. Community: We are better together! REEF teams up with scientists, agencies, conservation partners, and ocean enthusiasts like you to protect healthy oceans.
10. You: Citizen science is all about how individuals can take action to make a difference. You are at the heart of REEF’s grassroots conservation success.
Thank you for your support, this Giving Tuesday and always!