We're wrapping up a busy and rewarding summer season for the REEF Ocean Explorers Education Program! We hosted virtual, in person, and field-based programs for ocean lovers of all ages, from inter-generational programs designed for grandparents and their grandchildren to learn about marine life of the Florida Keys together, to weeklong trips with classroom lessons, snorkeling and kayaking, and even online programs to help people experience the ocean from their home or classroom.
REEF has hosted more than 90 different Ocean Explorers Education Programs so far this year, serving more than 1,900 individuals from all over the country. Our summer programs included:
• 10 Virtual Field Trips for students in 3rd-8th grade
• 32 in-school education programs with Florida Keys students, from kindergarten through high school
• 22 education programs funded by the REEF Oceans for All Fund, which provides programs at little to no cost to support diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in marine conservation
• Four Ocean Explorers Expeditions, including a service learning trip in the Florida Keys with Georgia State University
• A virtual workshop for formal and informal educators to learn about REEF education resources
To learn more about the REEF Ocean Explorers Education Program, visit www.REEF.org/explorers.