Did you know? While the REEF Volunteer Fish Survey Project was started in South Florida in 1993, today it has been expanded worldwide! REEF surveys are conducted as part of a diver's regular diving activities; anytime they are in the water, in any of these regions. And more regions are coming soon.
REEF's Survey Project areas:
- Tropical Western Atlantic (TWA; Florida, Caribbean, Bahamas, and Gulf of Mexico),
- South Atlantic States (SAS; Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina)
- Northeast US & Canada (NE; Virginia through Newfoundland)
- Eastern Atlantic & Mediterranean (EAM; Azores, Madeira, Canary Islands, Cape Verde Islands, and Mediterranean)
- West Coast of the United States and Canada (PAC; California, Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia)
- Tropical Eastern Pacific (TEP; Sea of Cortez to the Galapagos Islands).
- Hawaiian Islands (HAW; main islands and the Northwest Hawaiian Islands)
- South Pacific (SOP; Fiji, Samoan Archipelago, Line Islands, Cook Islands)
- Central Indo-Pacific (CIP; Indonesia, Solomon Islands, Australia, Philippines, Hong Kong, Japan)
To find out more about the REEF Volunteer Fish Survey Project, visit www.REEF.org/programs/volunteersurvey.