EAM - Starter Kits
The basic kit for all fishwatchers, it has everything you need to get started doing REEF surveys as part of the Volunteer Fish Survey Project.
The EAM Survey Starter Kit contains:
- REEF underwater yellow slate with lanyard*
- Underwater survey paper for use with slate (enough for 4 surveys), be sure to select your desired paper (even though these papers were initiallly created for the Azores, they can be used throughout the EAM region)
Current EAM Paper
- Azores English Paper v1 2015
- Azores Portuguese Paper v1 2015
- Laminated color ID card of common fishes found in the Azores (relevent to other areas of the EAM)
- Laminated color ID card of common invertebrates and algae found in the Azores (relevent to other areas of the EAM). These cards feature all invertebrates and algae monitored by REEF surveyors in the EAM region.
- REEF decal, REEF BCD tag, turtle ID sheet, and information on data entry and survey protocol.
You can purchase additional sheets of uw survey paper here.
We offer a quantity discount of 15% when you purchase 5 or more kits from the same region and 30% when you purchase 10 or more kits from the same region (kits must all have the same slate type to qualify for the discount). The discount will be applied upon checkout.